Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flight - 1

Jenny stomped from the room, slamming the door behind her. She'd been waiting for Alex for too long. She was going to be late. Alex, of course, never came. This wasn't really a surprise to her. He never followed through with his promises. Apparently she didn't matter to him. She had hoped that he would listen when she threatened to leave him, but he didn't. She was alone, as always. She did leave him a note, in case he showed up three hours late.
Alex. I warned you I would leave if you didn't come. Don't come looking for me. You won't find me. I'm scared. I can't do this alone. I'm going to find someone who can support me. As far as I'm concerned this baby isn't yours. Stay out of my life. Jenny.
The note was written hastily. The words scrawled aross the page were barely legible. It didn't matter. Alex would be able to read it.
Jenny ran down the stairs of the rundown apartment complex. I can't do it anymore. She thought. I can't live here, in this life, with that man. I never should have married him. The tears ran unchecked down her cheeks, blinding her as she ran. She slammed into a stranger, nearly knocking him off the sidewalk, but she hardly noticed. Her only thought was that she had to escape the existence she was living in, and give this baby a better life than the one she had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it coming! I love your stories!!! They are amazing.

Julianne said...

Thank you!! I'm thrilled you're enjoying them!